Re: Fares of the future?

I was still trying to buy Tucson/Boston tkts for this July but lowest
internet fares almost $400.00 rt on everyone (in past years I always found a
$200-250.00 deal).

Noticed a FirstClass Fare sale on HP/American West for $928.00 RT  and bought
it--I guess I wasnt looking for cheap but for value.  I noticed DL/AA/CO etc
all matched the price but they were using all Y  RJ's on half the legs so I
bought HP.

I feel the carriers may turn to this kind of pricing for all domestic routes,
ie. Y Class fares of 3-500$ and F Class for double that amount.  Bet they
could sell out First class with advanced purchase  PAYING customers if the
fare diff was reasonable. Since FF Business travelers arent buying the high
fares--why not?  Could be their salvation.  (works for me anyway)
Dennis