Re: A Dumb Move, Great Service, and an Ugly Rumor (The Good, the Bad, and the...

I'll throw in my two cents for UAL.

Through all the crap "they" have been dealt: (remember the pilots
refusing to land and hold short that summer?) They have *some* smart
cookies that compensate for the bad that sure know what side of their
bread is buttered.

I've appreciated extra special service from UAL folks in
PDX/YVR/DCA/ATL that I've gone out of my way to thank.

As for a liquidation, it is extremely unlikely.

Liquidation of UALs assets would be stupid at this point, they aren't
worth anything, and no one could afford it anyways. With AA, NW, DL and
even US all in their desperate state, the best for your DIB $ is to
throw good money after good money and hope that good management will
get to you a point where you can get out with just a bit more than you
went in with.

Matthew