Re: DEN as a hub

It costs more more mile to fly a larger aircraft.  I think you meant it's
cheaper per seat mile.

Southwest, Frontier, and JetBlue all fly into smaller markets. Southwest, for
examples, flies into Spokane and Boise.  JetBlue flies to Burlington, VT
(although it could be argued that BTV may attract traffic from Montreal).

David R