Re: DEN as a hub

damiross2@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> JetBlue flies to Burlington, VT
> (although it could be argued that BTV may attract traffic from Montreal).

They're close on a map, but there's no highway that goes directly - the
Autoroute just ends at Iberville, and you're on a regular 2-lane road
through little towns as you make your way south through the Monteregie.
  Once you hit the border (entering Vermont, staffed by some of the
meanest border guards there are), it becomes I-89 again, but the trip
from Downtown Montreal to Burlington still takes over an hour and a
half.  There's no advertising in Montreal or even on any of the
Burlington TV stations, so my guess is that very, very few Montrealers
know about it, and even the ones who do aren't very likely to drive to
Vermont.  People from Burlington and the Adirondacks, though, do come up
to Montreal to take international flights directly rather than connect
through New York or Boston.

Matthew :)