Re: fare differences

<<Thanks you guys. Actually I called American and asked them. The woman I talked to said that if she qualifies for the new fair, they would not refund any money
but rather send a voucher for future travel.>>

Nope.  If the flights and times are exactly the same -- i.e. the fare dropped on exactly the same itinerary -- you should be able to push for a refund of the difference in fares.  If she needs to reroute/reschedule at all to take advantage of the difference, then the vouchers rules apply.

Bear in mind that three separate calls to an airline can yield three different interpretations of these ever-changing rules.