Re: More Airport Videos

AIRLINE:

I am of the opinion that DVD's always look better
on wide-screen tv's while they're playing on the
display floor of Best Buy or Cambridge Soundworks.

I have a DVD and I really don't see any difference in
quality between my DVD and VHS. (Although I
acknowledge that maybe my TV or DVD or VHS units might
be substandard to others. I also acknowledge that
DVD's hold more data and are lighter to ship. Yet, I
perceive VHS as being more durable?? Guess that's why
I'm the person who will always appreciate an L-1011
over the newer a/c!)

My biggest complainant with DVD is that on occassion,
they get a "wrinkle" and sometimes "freeze" and I'm
not sure why. Maybe its something I'm doing or maybe
an adjustment must be made. I don't know.  I do know
this, I'll always treasure my Toronto Airport VHS from
JustPlanes because I think the quality is just fine.

BTW, Circuit City Express is advertising a VHS/DVD
combination player this week for $179. They also had
DVD players for $59 and VHS players for $69 which
probably offer the minimum amount of features.

On this same topic, Planetapes.com web site features
some excellent photos from their own DVD/VHS stock.
Their London Heathrow production looks tremendous and
hopefully that will be on my bookshelf very soon. And
they're offering it on DVD or VHS, too!

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Massachusetts