Re: More Airport Videos

David Ross wrote:
".....I was also disappointed when Just Planes discontinued tapes - it was only recently
that I got a DVD player. I think Just Planes is missing out on sales
because not every one has DVD players...."

DVD is the way to go nowadays and with the invention of the DVD, IMHO the VHS video tapes are slowly but steadily fading into history and eventually facing extinction and catching up with its extinct counterpart - the dinosaur Beta tapes from a few decades back.

It is indeed costlier to buy or rent DVD's, but the features that come with it sure cannot be beaten by VHS tapes.

Just Planes.com and others in the DVD business are not missing out on sales at all and as a matter of fact, VHS tapes don't move nowadays as much as by comparison to DVD's. And not to forget, prices on DVD players are dropping drastically where any consumer can purchase a good one affordably.

All in all, as for aviation VHS tapes - they are not selling at all and I see a lot of places that sells them are stuck with the stock they have and trying to clear whatever is left in stock with fire sales ! I know a few places doing so and if you still collect VHS tapes....now is the time to rack up on them dirt cheap.