Re: Interesting NOTAM

To: <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>

Subject: Interesting NOTAM

> Here's an interesting NOTAM for ENOS (Oslo) FIR:

<snip>

> .... IT IS I.A. PROHIBITED WITH CERTAIN
>  EXCEPTIONS FOR USAMA BIN LADEN AL-QAIDA AND TALIBAN AND
>  PERSONS GROUPS ORGANIZATIONS AND ENTITIES RELATED TO THESE
>  TO ENTER OR TO BE IN TRANSIT THROUGH NORWEGIAN TERRITORY.
<snip>

> The way I understand this NOTAM, it is prohibited for members of the
Islamic Emirate in Afghanistan to transit through Norwegian territy, WITH
EXCEPTION TO Usama Bin Laden, Al-Qaida and Taliban.

> This NOTAM is due to expire 31 December 2003 at 2359z.
>
> Am I reading this NOTAM correctly.

I think this is another case of people not reading what they write.  I
suspect that the CERTAIN EXCEPTIONS actually was meant to apply to others,
not to Bin Laden, Al-Quaida and Taliban.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/africar/africa.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html