Re: Air Canada to Start Non-stop International Services from Montreal to Rome, Beirut and Munich; Redeploys North America Capacity to Align with International Market Opportunities

Michael A. Burris wrote:

> This is excellent news! Not only for AC, but for
> Dorval. I'd love to be there when these "heavies" take
> off this summer!
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think AC is the only
> North American carrier to offer direct service to
> Beirut!  I didn't know that Montreal offered a large,
> Lebanese culture!

Montreal has a fairly large population from Lebanon, both Christian and Muslim.  Over 10,000 Lebanese arrived in Montreal in the 1990s alone, and among countries of birth for all immigrants in Montreal, Lebanon ranks 5th (Italy is #1).  The Beirut service has been rumoured for a while, and if any city can support it, it's Montreal.
Does this also mark the first time that Lufti will have regular service to Montreal?

Matthew :)