Re: .....and for all these reasons, they should not carry guns

    Does holstering a weapon make every cop a target for a mugging?  No.
    Pilots may notgo to the restroom in groups but, especially during the day,
have you ever been to a major airport where the restroom was empty?
    The way the TSA is talking, I don't think the lockbox would be for gun
storage while on the ground.  It sounds like they want it in the lockbox all
the time.
     If you had a weapon (which is voluntary, btw), how would you feel, as an
airline capitan, having to speak to several psychologists?  This is one of the
stupid requirements by the TSA.  Let me get this straight - you are mentally
capable of flying an aircraft with anywhere from 19 to 500 passengers but may
not be mentally capable of using a tool that could - make that will - prevent a
hijacking?

I don't belong to the NRA, either.

David R