Re: .....and for all these reasons, they should not carry guns

The reason why is because the government, in it's normal inability to do
anything right, has given so many stupid regulations regarding the carriage
of guns by pilots.

Does it make sense to carry a protection device in a lock box?  No!  It
should be handy, not locked away.  I can see it now.  "Mr. Hijacker, please
wait a moment while I unlock my weapon."

The TSA also wants gun-carrying pilots to be interviewed by psychologists.
This is absurd!  Let me get this straight.  It's okay for a pilot to be
responsible for hundreds of people and the safety yet he can't be trusted
with a tool to help prevent those same passengers from being in the grips of
a terrorist?

Like many government agencies, the TSA is led by totally incompetent people.
Want to know the difference between TSA and the Boy Scouts?  The Boy Scouts
have adult leadership.

David R
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross/airlines.html