Re: UA Questions

At 12:10 PM 12/31/2002 -0500, Blaine Thompson wrote:
>What's DEN like? (not all negative comments, please!) - Keep in mind, I
>have two hours to fritter away between 9am and 11am on a Sunday.  Outbound
>itinerary is comfortable, with 60 minute layovers at each place.  I have
>another two hour layover at ORD upon my return.

It's been a while since I was last there, but my memories of Denver are
fond enough. I think UA's all in one concourse in Denver; imagine if UA was
just in the mid-field terminal at ORD, not sprawled among three terminals
in Chicago. It's one long concourse in Denver, but at least it's hard to
get lost when going from one gate to another. I don't remember any
particular attractions there, just a general lack of negatives about the
place.

>Other than the CRJ service between here and ORD, I'm on 319's, 757's, or
>767's the remainder of the way (drats, no 777 again).  Any seating
>suggestions?  I prefer window, not over the wing.

If the 767 you're on is a three-class plane and you have some miles
(15,000, at last glance), consider upgrading to Business class. For the 319
and 757, forget it; domestic First isn't worth the miles, IMHO. Other than
that, closer to the front is better for quicker disembarkation, and that's
about as much as I care about for seating. The legroom is uniformly bad in
Economy, unless you qualify for Economy Plus, so the question is, do you
want to be closer to the door when getting off or the lavs in the rear of
the 319 when, you know.... (The 757 has a mid-cabin lav as well as the ones
in the rear, so you might as well sit as close to the front as you can.)

>Any stories as of late on Ch. 9 - if it's being aired in the galley or
>not? On both the ORD-LAX and LAS-ORD runs I was on last August, both
>pilots decided "No," despite my once asking an FA on each flight.

I went one for two on IAD/ORD trips at Thanksgiving, at my seat. I'm not
familiar with hearing Channel 9 in the galley.

>Blaine Thompson (FWA)

Nick Laflamme, IAD