Delta to grow Cincinnati hub operations

Delta plans to add flights and destinations to Cincinnati, its
second-largest hub, as part of a new strategy to boost profits. "The only
way we can make money in Cincinnati is by offering the most number of
destinations," Delta vice president Subodh Karnik told The Cincinnati
Enquirer. Between its big jet and regional jet operations, Delta operates
537 departures at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.
Delta lost $326 million last quarter and is on pace to lose more than $1
billion for the year. The only way to remedy that situation is to expand,
Karnik said. "We want to make the hub vibrant and large in scope." Karnik
said a double-digit increase in the total number of aircraft and an
increase of 20 to 30 departures would be possible by the end of next year,
but he would not provide specifics. The strategy calls for adding cities,
primarily small or mid-size markets in the Midwest or on the East Coast.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)
escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: http://www.tntisland.com
CBC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(TnT News) http://www.tntmirror.com/
(TnT News)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt