Re: FW: ATA flight schedule changes

Most carriers follow IATA standards and have similar contract of
carriage.

By you paying for a ticket and ATA accepting your money, you have
entered into a contract.

http://www.ata.com/pdfs_docs/atacoc.pdf

Reading through it (page 47 of the PDF), it sounds like you don't have
much to back you up. ATA, as the nature of their business, don't offer
much other than handing your money back.

But a little logic may carry the day. You formed a contract with ATA
with the "reasonable" expectation of service outlined in the terms
(i.e. the ticket.) The terms include an arrival time. By changing that
arrival time (a "schedule irregularity"), by 9 hours, something
completely within ATA's control, by a number of hours that is hard to
quantify as reasonable, ATA has 'violated' the terms of the contract
and you should be subject to "remedies."

Unfortunately the remedy highlighted over and over again is your money
back, which is useless at this late in the game.

.. though I find it hard to believe that ATA has flights from MDW to
BOS every 9 hours. (there are specific rules on this circumstance as
well.)

Good luck.

Matthew