ATA Launches New Service From St. Petersburg, Fla.

If you want a copy of the press release in Microsoft Word format, e-mail me
privately (blainethompson@hotmail.com)

ATA Launches New Service From St. Petersburg, Fla.

INDIANAPOLIS, November 4, 2002 – ATA (American Trans Air, Inc., Nasdaq:
ATAH) has added five new destinations to its flight schedule from St.
Petersburg, Fla.  The carrier today announced plans to offer nonstop service
from St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport to San Francisco, Los
Angeles and Las Vegas, and same plane service to Honolulu and Maui.  Service
will begin on Feb. 7, 2003, except for Las Vegas, which starts March 6,
2003.  Customers can book reservations today.

“We are pleased to boost our flight schedule from St. Petersburg to include
some of our most popular destinations,” said Don Moonjian, ATA Vice
President of Marketing.  “Our customers know that ATA offers great service
at an exceptional value.  We look forward to continuing this tradition,
while exploring ways to enhance our product to serve them even better.”

David Metz, Executive Director for St. Petersburg-Clearwater International
Airport said, “This is the most significant new commercial air service
announcement this Airport has had in its history.  We are very proud to have
ATA as our partner in providing safe, convenient and affordable service to
our community.”

Barbara Sheen Todd, Chairman of the Pinellas County Board of Commissioners
said, “ Since 1991, ATA has been a very important corporate partner to
Pinellas County, providing air service to key cities in the United States.
We are proud to have them grow with us.  They will be providing our
community with a gateway to the West Coast that brings opportunities for
increased tourism and business development.  We thank them for their vision
and their commitment.”

West Lake, California-based Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays is serving as tour
operator and will offer complete vacation packages to Honolulu and Maui.

Currently, ATA serves Chicago-Midway and Indianapolis from St. Petersburg.
>From Chicago, the carrier offers two daily, nonstop flights to St.
Petersburg.  For St. Petersburg originating passengers, ATA offers
connections through Midway Airport to many of the carrier’s business and
vacation destinations.  This service will be enhanced on December 19 to
include an additional daily, nonstop flight.  Also, ATA offers two daily,
nonstop flights from Indianapolis to/from St. Petersburg.

ATA is offering special, low introductory fares from $99 each way to
celebrate the new service from St. Petersburg.*  As with all ATA fares,
there are no advance purchase or minimum stay requirements, and no domestic
fares for more than $299 each way.  Listed below are some of the low-fares
that are available (fares are off-peak, each way based on round-trip
purchase):

To or From
St. Petersburg
To      Each-way fares
From:*
Honolulu        $279
Maui    $279
Las Vegas       $99
Los Angeles     $99
San Francisco   $99

These introductory fares are good for travel beginning February 7, 2003,
through April 30, 2003 for Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu and Maui,
and March 6, 2003 through April 30, 2003 for Las Vegas.

As of Nov. 1, 2002, ATA has taken delivery of 10 Boeing 757-300s and 26
Boeing 737-800s.  The interior of these new planes is decorated in soft,
relaxing earth tones and features spacious overhead bins.  The comfortable
leather seats have supporting wingback headrests.

Now celebrating its 30th year of operation, ATA is the nation’s 10th largest
passenger carrier based on revenue passenger miles.  ATA operates
significant scheduled service from Chicago-Midway and Indianapolis to over
40 business and vacation destinations. Stock of the Company’s parent
company, ATA Holdings Corp. (formerly known as Amtran, Inc.), is traded on
the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol “ATAH.”  For more information about
the Company, visit the website at www.ata.com.

*Fares do not include a $3 federal excise tax that will be imposed on each
flight segment of your itinerary.  A flight segment is defined as a takeoff
and a landing. Introductory fares are valid for travel 2/7-4/30-2003 for
Honolulu, Maui, Los Angeles and San Francisco, and from 3/6-4/30- 2003 for
Las Vegas. Tickets must be purchased by 1/6/03, midnight (EST).  Fares are
off-peak, each way based on round-trip purchase.  These sale fares are
non-refundable and subject to change without notice.  Seats are limited and
may not be available on all flights and dates. Not all destinations are
served on a daily basis.  A passenger facility charge of up to $18 per
round-trip is not included in the fares.  Fares do not include a September
11th security fee of up to $10 per round-trip.  A photo I.D. is required for
flight check-in.  Travelers who are deaf or hearing impaired, call TTY
800-293-6194.

###