Re: No scissors allowed at Pittsburgh airport ceremony

In a message dated 9/20/2002 10:42:51 PM Central Standard Time,
mmontano@direct.ca writes:

> So how is it in the food prep area of the US Airways club lounge, or
> the restaurants that are all behind security, they are able to cut
> cheese, fruit and bread?
>
> Does the Chilli's Too that exist behind security make you eat with a
> plastic knife?
>
> I'd be curious to know the answer...
>
> Matthew

I asked that question of the folks at the Pasta House Co. on D-concourse at
Lambert.  The answer, a safe with a certain number of knives, and you better
not be missing one.  There are scissors inside security, that was merely
another dog-n-pony show that is there solely to make the traveling masses
FEEL more comfortable.

If you don't believe me, how do you think mechanics maintain airplanes
without screwdrivers?

Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain
Lambert-St. Louis Airport (STL/KSTL)