HIGHER PRICES BECAUSE OF SKY MARSHALS

<<  SKY MARSHALS
 Airlines in Canada say the cost of tickets may go up unless the federal
 government pays for the seats provided to RCMP sky marshals. >>

Am I missing something here?  Are Canadian airlines  so different than the
American counterparts?
Skymarshalls usually fly in FirstClass and I venture that 95% of the occupied
seats in "F" are free upgrades for  FreqFlyers.  How does this cost the
carriers money?
Seems the airlines are trying every trick they can to get Govt support and
payoffs.
Dennis