US Airways Flight Attendants Ratify Restructuring Plan

US Airways Flight Attendants Ratify Restructuring Plan

    ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways' flight
attendants, members of the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA), today
ratified an agreement with US Airways on the company's restructuring plan.
The ratification, which received a 73 percent approval, covers approximately
7,600 US Airways AFA members.
    "Our flight attendants have shown great individual commitment in their
decision to participate in US Airways' restructuring.  I thank them for their
willingness to make these difficult personal sacrifices to help change the
course of our Company," said US Airways President and Chief Executive Officer
David N. Siegel.
    While this ratification is another significant step in the Company's
restructuring process, US Airways has yet to complete successful restructuring
plans with all stakeholders, including several remaining labor unions,
vendors, and aircraft lessors and lenders.  There can be no assurance that
these efforts will be successful on a voluntary basis.  If such voluntary
efforts are not successful, a Chapter 11 filing would be required to obtain
the necessary relief from other key stakeholders that remain unwilling to work
with US Airways on a voluntary financial restructuring.
    US Airways' pilots yesterday ratified their restructuring plan agreement.
US Airways has reached tentative agreements with the Transport Workers Union
dispatchers, simulator engineers, and flight crew training instructors.
Agreements have not been reached yet with the International Association of
Machinists, representing separate mechanic and related positions, and fleet-
service worker units, and the Communications Workers of America.

Roger
EWROPS