Article from bizjournals.com: United: we'll stop issuing paper tickets in 2003

Hello from bizjournals.com! David Mueller (davidm@smail.info) thought you
might like the following article from Pacific Business News:

United: we'll stop issuing paper tickets in 2003

   United Airlines will charge a $20 fee for paper tickets on flights where
   electronic booking is possible, and says some time next year it will
   stop printing paper tickets altogether.

   The airline said Monday the new fee will kick in Thursday of this week
   and will apply to all Hawaii flights.

   American Airlines announced a similar policy a few weeks ago and said it
   will get out of the paper ticket business by next March.

   Northwest and Continental, which are moving in a similar trend, issue
   regular reports on the number of passengers who use electronic ticketing
   and both say a majority of passengers now do not use paper tickets.

Copyright(c) American City Business Journals Inc.  All rights reserved.

You can view this article on the web at:
http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2002/07/29/daily24.html