Re: subscription question

  http://smail.info - free e-mail service, smtp, pop3, imap4, ssl !

On Tuesday, July 30, 2002, at 05:27  AM, Maureen E Muck
<mmcmahon@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to change my email address on the list?

In theory:

 From your old e-mail address, send an e-mail to
listserv@listserv.cuny.edu with the following in the message body:

CHANGE AIRLINE <new e-mail>

replacing <new e-mail> with your new e-mail address. It is important to
do this before your old e-mail account is terminated, as you will be
asked to confirm the change.

In reality:

The server will receive your request and send confirmation, however it
will not acknowledge your confirmation and implement the changes.  I
just had to change my address, and ended up emailing the CUNY listserv
administrator, CCing Geert, the Airline list owner, and they made the
change manually.  Maybe now it's been fixed, so it's worth trying the
automated method before writing to a human.

You can also simply unsubscribe and resubscribe with your new address,
however you will then be placed on review status and have to wait until
Geert approves your posts, whenever that happens...

--
David Mueller / HNL
davidm@smail.info

*** Read the Airline List FAQ at http://airlinefaq.tripod.com ***