Re: JetBlue seeks slightly Airbus A320

Just a quick search on Airbus shows that A320 with the current highest gross
weight would be limited to 150 pax and luggage to a leg of 2300-2400 miles.
Considering the fact that JetBlue has 168 pax configuration I think this
will come with some weight penalties on long runs like  JFK-SEA. Currently
only UA is serving that market with A320s besides JetBlue and they have less
seats per plane.
A321 on the other hand has a longer body that enables the additional fuel
tank option. But this again contributes to the weight and makes the airplane
heavier. With the JetBlue's only coach config , I think it can easly hold
190 people (Airbus lists it at 199Y config, but I don't think JetBlue will
be interested in that kind of a tight configuration). Fully loaded A321 has
only 2300 mile range which makes it a bit short of some JetBlue routes.

BAHA
Fan of a naming contest : A320-300 or A320.5 :)