Re: Airport Screeners Hard to Come by

Didn't know you lived in the former East Germany, Baha.

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of
Bahadir Acuner
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:15 PM
To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: Airport Screeners Hard to Come by

Addison,
if you are a naturalized citizen then you'd know the long and tedious
process that takes to get the citizenship. For those who doesn't know
squat about naturalization process, it takes a 5 year term after you get
your permanent residency.. I find the most flag vawing, foreigner
bashing people to be the least knowledgable about the immigration
process. As most of those people would believe it doesn't take "just
raising your hands" thing..

I find "I am willing to contribute to your one-way ticket" a funny way
of saying that you want to do an ethnic cleansing in the USA. It's
ironic and also sad to see that not sharing the views of administration
has become a way to mark the people as non-American. My views will not
change once I get to become an American citizen.. That's what is called
democracy.. Only in dictatorships you are expected to agree with the
government without any objection or leave the country (better yet leave
the face of the Earth for good).

Once for all, let's establish the facts, no airport screener was charged
since Sep 11 related to the tragic events. Including this restriction in
the hiring process has served the current administration who acts like
the world is inhabited by only Americans..

As I have stated before, saying "I am glad that now Americans will be
able to benefit from these positions" is nothing but hard core
nationalist view. I said it before also, these jobs were there before
9/11 and not like American citizens were lining up for them. This press
release is proving that it's still not attracting enough people..

I may be a bit harsh on the "fasict" remarks, but post 9/11 US is
becoming more and more like pre1990 East Germany. The questions that
every American and every resident of this country should ask is "Do we
want 1,000,000 people to spy on us and have people convicted w/out any
representation in the court?". If I was an American that would be the
question that I'd be asking to myself. As a LEGAL resident of US of A ,
I have been doing that lately..

BAHA
Fan of US of A staying free and democratic