Re: SQ Accident in Taipei

As a CKS Int'l Airport Tower controller, I found out that some of
the issues raised by this SIN news agency are UNTRUE. Hereby
I'd like to clearify some points for the general  aviation society.

1. "We redrew the taxi lines in the area two weeks ago."

I can confirm this because I was the ground controller one of those
two days and I blocked TWY SS section by section to let those main-
tainence personnel go onto TWY SS to redrew the TWY lines, including
those at issue directing to remote apron 609/610 and TWY S5. We
appreciate SIA's previous wrong turn and report, though the wrong
turn at that intersection is really rarely seen comparing to those
flights of other airlines taxi out from terminal 2 via TWY S5, SP.
I personelly believe after the TWY line re-drawing work, it's
REALLY CLEAR ENOUGH !!!

2. "Without realizing it" ???  ==>> "> Ground crew nearby who
saw the incident reported it to airport authorities who then notified
the captain, seven minutes after takeoff."

Actually Tower ATC was informed also by the ground crew nearby,
but at that specific time SIA29 was rolling. According to any country's
air traffic procedure I believe, the regulation do not allow ATC to
interfere pilots' operation during critical phase like taking-off and
landing
on short final. Tower ATC inform both radar departure controller and
area center ATC. SIA29 flight crew was informed by those ATCs 3 TIMES
the plane hit ground maintainence equipment during the wrong turn, and
request if the crew would like to requrn flight to check but the crew refuse
to do so. Informed 3 TIMES but REFUSE TO GO BACK HAVE A CHECK !!!

My personelly opinion, this is a very bad example of reckless and louzy
airmanship with almost 400 people onboard. You can easily imagine it
by the similiar situation that if your car is scratched by someone or
something,
you're definitely gonna stop the car and have a look first right ?? ...
SIA29 crew
refused to do that, for those 400 SOULS ON BOARD.

And you may review the tail stands which were hit, and how close the wingtip
was to the building and lighting pole. Be advice that some of the debris was
moved from the ground as evidence and not decided yet if it was from the
tail
stands or FELL FROM THE WINGTIP!

http://www.henrysky.idv.tw/photo/tail.jpg