Re: AmWest Adds 5 Cities

In a message dated 7/16/02 1:20:48 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Bahadir.Acuner@CIGNA.COM writes:

> as far as I recall IAD-PHX market was served by Cactus around 1997 or so.
> They pulled out of the market a couple years after that.. I seriously think
> that
> IAD-LAS would be a good market for them as the fares were pretty high.

Correct you are, BAHA.  Once Cactus had three non-stops out of DCA to PHX and
LAS, there wasn't much need for IAD.  But they're back and my guess is they
smell the scent of United's blood (balance sheet that is) and want to give
passengers their choice of all three Baltimore/Washington airports.  The
decision to enter PIT is a winner as Cactus brings a lot of traffic thru PHX
east and westbound at fares that guarantee headaches back in Crystal City.
Since eliminating the Saturday night stayover, Cactus has done an impressive
job of keeping their planes full.

RT Simpson
Phoenix