Re: Lax info (was UA QUestion)

On Monday, July 8, 2002, at 04:09  PM, Douglas Schnell wrote:

> If by some strange and bizarre turn of events you end up at 6 or 8,
> you'll have plenty of time to walk to 7 and get to Gate 71. You can get
> on a bus, but it will likely take more time than just walking the less
> than two-city block distance between 6 and 7 and 7 and 8. This is
> especially true if you get on the bus at 8 because you'll have to ride
> all the way around the airport. The shuttles only go one way around the
> "U."

Plus if you take the bus, you will have to reclear security to enter the
terminal.  And I'm not sure if there's a separate stop for 7 and 8
anyway.  There is an air-side walkway between 6, 7, and 8.  After
getting off your flight, head toward baggage claim but don't go past
security, instead look for the signs that direct you to whatever gate
you need to go to (the first number of the gate is the terminal number,
so gate 64 is in Terminal 6, 71 is in Terminal 7, and 83 is in Terminal
8).

It shouldn't affect you, but there is also an underground tunnel that
connects terminals 4 (American), 5 (Delta), and 6
(Delta/Continental/United/National).  It is midway down the length of
the terminal.  If you don't feel like walking, I've seen a guy driving a
Delta golf cart down there to take you to your other terminal.

And just for the record, American Eagle operates out of their own
terminal west of the Tom Bradley International Terminal.  I know they
run shuttle buses from terminals 2, 3, and 4 to it, and they may from 5
as well since Delta now codeshares on Eagle flights out of LAX.

--
David Mueller / HNL
kawika42@mac.com

*** Read the Airline List FAQ at http://airlinefaq.tripod.com ***