Re: Airline Fincial Woes

You ask the government for money?

The seemingly simple equation is complicated by most airlines operating a
hub-and-spoke network where pax are either coming from or going to other
destinations.

The equation for a given route for one flight per scheduled period (i.e. A
day for most US airlines), is simple, but what happens if you have 5 flight=
a day? Airlines operate different size planes to maintain their schedules
with variable capacity, but sometimes even a 19 seater EMB120 doesn=B9t cut
it.

It didn=B9t help that most US airline boses equate manliness with the number
of new aluminum tubes in the sky and you get far too many airlines running
far too many flights at a loss.

There are of course exceptions to the rule.

Matthew