Re: More on LAX Shooter

addison@schonland.com writes:

Snip....................

> If this does not make us Americans shake in our shoes, I don't know what
> will.  Where is this country's security?  What happens to our tax dollars?
>
> I am quite outraged by this information, which if true, is an indictment on
> the DOJ, INS, FBI and, by extension, TSA.  This guy was identified as early
> as 1994!

Snip..................

Stunning! If true, disgraceful.

Is this not analogous to the "asleep at the wheel" aspects of our
"spycatchers" in the Robert Phillip Hanssen FBI traitor case, nothing is.
Hanssen also did it with impunity for many years, and he was one of US!!!!!.
But, of course, our agencies don't talk to each other because of "turf wars",
and we have nothing like what virtually ALL leading Fortune 500 firms have
installed in the last decade for the "crystal ball" view of their global
enterprises - ERP software (enterprise resource planning) from firms such as
SAP, Peoplesoft, J.D. Edwards, etc.

As further "airline" background for our list: A close friend of mine who is
airline staff, had an encounter with Zawahiri a few years ago: She was
checking in a European airline flight to Europe, and Dr. Zawahiri presented
himself for the flight. (Of course at the time, she did not know this; no one
had heard of Al-Zawahiri, or would recognize him, much less any of these
enemies - prior to 9/11. It was only later, when Zawahiri's name and photo
were in the papers that this friend let out a shout and said to me - "That is
my passenger!" - my friend was legendary for total recall of passenger faces &
 names.) As I remember from more recent reporting about those days, it was
later made known in the paper that Al-Zawahiri had been in the central valley
of California, fundraising among those now well known Middle Eastern store
front "financial" organizations (Arabic term forgotten, but was in the press
a lot). It appears that many of these "businesses" are channels for $$ into
both legitimate and terrorist uses at the other end.) My friend questioned an
aspect of Al-Zawahiri's passport, and out of nowhere, came a young male
"assistant" who asked in a very peremptory manner "WHAT is wrong here?"
(another sleeper, who was apparently a facilitator for the higher ups, maybe
positioned like to LAX killer of 7/4).

(See the WSJ of ~~ 7/2 or 3, '02 for the cover story on Zawahiri's globe
trotting)

Hey, don't discount a twist on that old "Pogo" swamp critter cartoon thing -
"We have met the enemy, and among them, is US!!"

<<<<<..........all of which raises some hard questions about the way in which
the war against terror is carried out in the United States.>>>>>
............(A. Schonland)

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." (Patrick Henry)

Finally : Where the hell is the mainstream media, after the better part of a
week on this story? They've had enough time to wake up, now!!

Thanks, Addison!

RGDS

Mike
SFO