Trip Report: ORD-PIT-JST-PIT-ORD

 June 29, 2002 US#211 N395US Seats 6 & 7 E-F ORD-PIT  8:10-10:39 Gate F8 B
737-300

Hello all!

Well I got up @ 4:45 and our taxi came at 5:50. We got there to ORD checked
in at the counter my stupid mom wasn't paying attention and tried to check in
at the place for e-tickets. But she realized and went to the appropriate
counter. anyways, we checked in went to security. we through security. I was
surprised that i didn't get stopped cuz i had a boom-box in my backpack but
my mom had a slide projector and she got stopped and the lady was like don't
touch it and she tried to touch it.
She doesn't listen and they made her take off her sandals. I dont see why she
has to get her sandals checked. They are pretty open. As we were heading
towards the gate, we got Mc Donalds and I had 2 pancakes w/ sausage and a
Coke to wake me up. Went browsing around after that and @ F10 A US 737 was
going to CLT continuing to MIA. Ours was continuing to BOS. After one of the
Ticket agents boarded the CLT flight she came to ours and was shocked cuz she
thought that I was following her but my mom told her my story. ( That's
another story). We boarded and 6 & 7 are right next to the engine. I had
window seat. We pushed back from F8 taxied to RW 22L but we let other planes
ahead of us for some reason. anyone know why? I thought it was that little
planes have more priority over big ones or that United had priority over US
Airways. While we were waiting I saw a JAL 747 land and that was amazing! We
took off and rotated at 8:33. Our cruising altitude was FL 290 (29,000 for
those who dont know what FL 290 is). Estimated flying time was 1 hour.
Beverage cart came around, I got Seltzer Water. The bad part about travelling
w/ my mom. little bro and sis are that since i had window my sister decided
to put her trash on my tray and since the plane was cold she stole my
blanket. well 1/2 of it. so as we were landing i hit her in the head for
trying to draw on my notes and she starts pouting and my mom finds out and
she gets bitchy. Anyways as we were flying i see many NW planes which let to
me that we were over Michigan. We descended from FL 290 and we landed on 32 (
dont remeber if it was L, R or C or just plain 32.) taxied to B26.

June 29, 2002 US#4941     NI51CQ   PIT-JST  Seats 3 & 4 Saab 340 11:40-12:20
E2

We left B26 and took the underground to the Landside terminal took a long
walk to E2 where our flight to JST and a flight to IPT going. I watched them
do their stuff and there was a problem w/ the IPT plane so they changed that
gate to E3. We boarded and right before we left, 2 kids were on the wrong
plane. they were going to IPT. Our flight attendants name was Bev. Hired in
97 i think. Our flight time was 30 mins. Bev passed out pretzels but i
declined and my sister pigged out on them. The bad part about this flight was
my brother was sitting behind me and i had no window so he was singing the
smae song for 20 minutes and kicking my seat. grr. The seatbelt sign stayed
on the whole time. As we were descending we made a lot of turns and a steep
turn into JST we arrived went to gate B and got our bags.

July 4, 2002 NI52CQ US #4927 JST-PIT Seats 4&5 3:20-4:00 Saab 340 Gate B.

After having fun at my adoption camp it was time to go home.  Was able to
watche one of the ticket agents on her computer. We boarded around 3:10 and
left around 3:15. There were storms building up but we took off right before
the storms. (I couldn't get the runway sorry) We went through all sorts of
clouds gray, white and yes even saw some sunlight too. It was turbulent at
times. We landed at 3:45 on 28C and sat on the tarmac near the Landside
terminal due to lightning strikes 5 miles away from the airport. We sat there
for 20 minutes. We were supposed to go into E11 but we went into E12. The
seatbelt sign was illuminated the whole time.

July 4, 2002 N425US US#880 PIT-ORD 5:45 6:22 The entire row of 6! B35
B737-400

We got off and went to the bathrooms then we went to our gate B35 and watched
a A319 go to MHT while next to us a B757 was delayed to LGA cuz they thought
that they were having electrical problems. They left 30 minutes late. the MHT
plane left and our plane from FLL arrived 15 minutes late. We boarded and
someone in the row of 4 almost got kicked off because she wouldnt cooperate
w/ the F/A. The F/A sounded Bitchy. She yelled at my brother because he
wasn't sitting back. He's only 7 and he has some brain problems. The safety
demonstration was done on TV screens. That was cool! We took off on 18R. Our
cruising altituted was FL 310 (31,000).  The beverage cart was passed around.
We landed on 4L and started our taxi to F10 but as we were taxiing, we turned
around. It turns out that another US Airways was in our gate so we waited for
him to depart. We got to our gate 20 minutes early.

Notes: Don't be the first person to go through security in small airports,
you will be asked if you can be searched.
US Airways: Is an OK airline but wouldn't like to fly them.

PS I'm going to NH Next Tuesday on an UA A320. I hope they have Ch.9 avail. I
won't be back until July 31. Then India comes August 9th!!!!

Leo/ORD
Fan of going to ORD in 8 days!