Re: Small U.S. regional airlines line up for guarantees

according to the data I found at http://biz.yahoo.com/e/020401/wlda.html,
World should be classified as a National (pertinent data: "Operating
Revenues. Operating revenues increased $53.9 million, or 20.4%, to $317.9
million in 2001 from $264.0 million in 2000"

Something interesting I found out - there's no such thing as a small
regional.  The classifications and revenue amounts are:
Major:    more than $1,000,000,000
National:  $100,000,000 to $1,000,000,000
Large Regionals: $20,000,000 to $999,999,999
MEDIUM regionals: Less than $19,999,999
(source: http://www.api.faa.gov/handbook96/chp6txt.pdf)

Notice that the lowest ranking is Medium.

BTW: The numbers are written out to prevent confusion with our British
buddies who have a different definition of "billion." :)

David Ross
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross/