Re: Small U.S. regional airlines line up for guarantees

I agree, but is it based on revenues - how the DOT classifies Major,
National, Regional carriers?

Also, did anyone notice that Great Plains plans to use the money for
*expansion*? They intend to use the loan to purchase 10 aircraft.
Interesting, I thought this was for survival reasons, not expansion.

 > By Julie MacIntosh
 > NEW YORK, June 28 (Reuters) - Regional air carriers Aloha Airlines, World
 > Airways Inc. (WLDA) and Great Plains Airlines filed applications on
Friday

When did World Airways become a regional carrier?  Last time I checked, it
was not a regional airline - it was a worldwide charter airline.

David Ross
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross/