New Bedford Regional Airport (EWB)

AIRLINE:

I just returned from visiting this airport located in
far Southeastern Massachusetts. It's only airline is
Cape Air, which I believe offers service to Nantucket
and Martha's Vineyard. (There may be season service to
LaGuardia, NY) Unfortunately, the only action I saw
was general aviaiton. As soon as I arrived, I could
see the pencil-thin white line of a twin-engine plane
climbing above the bright-red runway approach lights,
that just took off.

The airport is situated well back from the main drag
with a road way that offers decent views of the runway
and avition-related companies.  What was nice for the
visitor, is that I parked in front, stepped inside and
surveyed the place. Essentially, one giant space with
a rental car counter to my left, and Cape Air seating
area to my right. Ahead, the security cooridor to the
tarmac.  (Oh, yes. They have their share of horse
flies. Big ones!) All in all, a vice nicely maintained
airport that seems to have space to grow. Not sure how
long the runway is and what it could take on larger
aircraft. The control tower is standard sixties
design: angled blue-colored windows and antennas on
top. It reminds me of Hyannis and Nantucket Airports.
That's all for now.
  --- Mike Burris
       Cambridge, Mass

FYI