Re: United Air flight attendants reject wage cuts

From: "Greg Newbold" <pnewbold@san.rr.com>

Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 2:25 PM

<snip>
> Are some employees overpaid
> for their positions? Let me illustrate... do airline companies have to
> heavily advertise for FAs or does a large queue form for very few
positions?
> In the past there have been literally thousands of applicants for less
than
> a 100 positions.  Simply stated in the world of supply and demand, or
> capitalism, FAs are overpaid. A non-aviation position would be
firefighter.
> Every time a hiring announcement appears for firefirefighters, at least in
> Southern Calif, applicants exceed positions by 100-1. You could lower
their
> pay as well and you still wouldn't have any shortage of firefighters. We
all
> know that both jobs do not require any formal training or education.

Every time an opening appears for a million dollar plus CEO, a position
which we all know does not require any formal training or education, there
are many applicants.

The reason that the CEO job pays a million is because a CEO has to think
like a millionaire.  I would prefer a firefighter or an FA to think like a
human being.

Gerry
http://home.columbus.rr.com
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html