Re: Trip Report : BDL-BWI-BDL

In a message dated 6/19/02 5:20:41 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
bahadiracuner@yahoo.com writes:

> I cannot imagine taking their coast to coasts flights.

Baha, I am a big supporter of WN's long-haul flights and have taken them from
PHX-Louisville, PHX-BWI-ISP, etc.  Furthermore, their Rapid Rewards program
is very liberal...so long as you have a freebie and there is a seat available
on a flight, you've got it.  Makes great sense, especially on the more
expensive, long-haul segments.

WN's flights are usually dependable, predictable, on-time, comfortable and a
lot lighter (due to FA attitudes) than their competitors.  Fares are usually
better, too. Plus, but a full-fare ticket and you have no problem catching
earlier (or later) flights if your schedule requires it.  I have also called
WN reservations by cell while standing on the line for an earlier flight to
make sure I get on. Where else can you do this?  This is another example of
"WN protocols" that frequent WN flies know about.

I agree with you about "WN protocols" that require arriving REAL early,
especially if one has carryon baggage.  That is unfortunate, but it is a
small price to pay.

I must have missed something about the new check-in procedures, although I
knew they were getting rid of the placards. Can someone share that
information again?  I am flying WN to SAN from PHX next week with a 7:25 AM
departure time and want to be prepared!

BTW, a good friend of the family is a former USAF fighter pilot who is a WN
captain and has been for many years.  He loves the company and says they
really "LUV" their employees. Can't say that testimonial is common with other
carriers, right?

Bob Taylor
Prescott, AZ