Re: Trip Report BDL-ORD-CMH

In a message dated 06/08/2002 12:21:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
bahadiracuner@yahoo.com writes:

<< During our long taxi I
 noticed that there was a nice run up facility in the middle of the field for
 engine run-ups. There were no signs on it and I am wondering if it's owned
 by the airport or one of the major airlines in ORD (AA or UA) >>

That's what's called our "GRE" (Ground Run-up Enclosure) or "Hush House" and
it's owned by the City of Chicago and offered to any airline that would like
to make use of it. It really works keeping engine noise from running across
the ground and into the surrounding communities.. I hear they can't always
use it for larger a/c due to the fact that there is not enough air entering
the structure for proper engine operations, perhaps it all depends on the
wind direction and velocity?? Anyway, that's it from ORD...
Tom