ATA Introduces Hot Snack Service

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020606/62482_1.html

ATA Introduces Hot Snack Service
INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 6, 2002--ATA (American Trans Air, =
Inc.) (Nasdaq:AMTR - News) today announced that it now offers hot snack =
service, in addition to its beverage service, on most flights that are =
three hours or more in duration.=20

The new service, which consists of popular, pre-packaged food products =
consumers are familiar with, will be served on flights connecting =
through Chicago-Midway for passengers traveling to and from some of the =
carrier's West Coast and international destinations. Hot snack service =
became available on June 1st.=20

"Due to connection times on some flights, many of our customers had =
little to no time to purchase a snack before boarding their next =
flight," said Peter Wilander, ATA Vice President of Customers. "Our new =
aircraft have state-of-the-art galleys giving us greater flexibility and =
more food choices to offer our customers. And, serving hot food is a =
convenient, cost-effective alternative to only serving dry snacks such =
as pretzels and cookies."=20

The hot snack menu consists of a Horizon Bakery cream cheese filled =
croissant (served during most morning flights that are more than three =
hours), and a Chef America Hot Pocket pepperoni stick (served on most =
afternoon and evening flights more than three hours). According to =
Wilander, many of ATA's customers are repeat customers making it =
necessary to rotate the items on the menu every few months.=20

"We believe that our customers want an assortment of food items to =
choose from each time they fly so rotating the menu every three months =
will add variety to their menu choices," he added.=20

Additionally, ATA has enhanced its current beverage service menu on =
flights less than three hours. Beverage service now includes a granola =
bar and a cookie on morning flights, or snack mix and a cookie on =
afternoon and evening flights. Depending on the time of day, passengers =
who receive a hot snack will also be offered beverage service as well, =
which includes snacks. Flights to and from Hawaii still include full =
meal service featuring a choice of chicken or pasta, a roll with butter, =
cheese and crackers and a cookie