ATA Expands Military Contract

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020607/72181_1.html

ATA Expands Military Contract
ATA Expects Military Revenues to Increase From an Estimate of $175 =
Million in Current Fiscal Year to $225-250 Million
Market Share is Expected to Surpass 50 Percent
INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 7, 2002-- ATA (American Trans Air, =
Inc.) (Nasdaq:AMTR - News) today reported that it has taken major steps =
to securing its position as the number one provider of military =
passenger charter airlift services by significantly expanding its =
contract with the United States military for Fiscal Year 2003.=20

Beginning October 1st, the carrier's contract entitlement will increase =
from 29 percent to 48 percent of the military's entitlement. This, =
coupled with the overall growth in military movements and expected rate =
increase, will entitle ATA and the other members of its team to =
significantly boost the level of military business.=20

"ATA has had a long-standing, venerable partnership with the military =
for more than 15 years," said John Tague, ATA President and CEO. "We =
look forward to continuing our custom of providing the kind of quality =
service the military has grown to expect from us. Though we have been =
entitled to a 29 percent share, our actual share has been closer to 40 =
percent."=20

Currently, approximately 13 percent of ATA's revenues are generated from =
the operation of military charters. This new contract will result in an =
increase in those revenues and productively utilize its wide-body fleet