Re: Boston to Tucson

The weird thing is NW may have kept that revenue...but unless it was a ff
mile ticket, priceline, or other consolidator, they could have just issued
a rule 120.20 to another carrier...ie United would take the pax all the
way from BOS-TUS at the original face value of the NW ticket.  Say for
example that part of the ticket was worth $150...  NW would have to pay
for a FIM/RULE 240 for the DEN-TUS portion which could cost them between
30% and 50% of the full fare...ie probably at least $200.  I am probably
looking way too far into this.  I'm sure it was just a not-so-intelligent
NW counter agent who was told by his/her supervisor to always try to avoid
using other airlines.

Jim