Re: UA ch9 ??

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Reinbold, Kurt wrote:

> a couple of weeks ago, I flew UA IAD-LAS and LAS-LAX-IAD. On every flt, ch9
> was not avail. I asked the flt attendant, and the pilots said NO!! I know
> its the pilots' discretion to turn on ch9, but on all three legs is
> suspicious. Are UA pilots more reluctant to turn on ch9 for some reason??

Last week SEA-IAH r/t (via DEN) I was 4-for-4.

I haven't noticed an overall reduction in flights that offered
Channel 9; the tough part is getting past the Purser guarding the
door to the flight deck to ask the Captain if he or she will turn
Channel 9 on!

Jon Wright             jwright@halcyon.com       voice 425-635-0338
                                                   fax 425-844-1403
You've got a hard lip, Herbert.     http://www.spudboy.com/~jwright