Re: UA ch9 ??

At 07:11 PM 5/9/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>a couple of weeks ago, I flew UA IAD-LAS and LAS-LAX-IAD. On every flt,
>ch9 was not avail. I asked the flt attendant, and the pilots said NO!! I
>know its the pilots' discretion to turn on ch9, but on all three legs is
>suspicious. Are UA pilots more reluctant to turn on ch9 for some reason??

On my last flights, about two weeks ago (IAD-SFO-IAD), Channel 9 was on,
the first time in several trips since September 11. I was pleasantly
surprised. I wasn't even sure UA's 757s were still equipped for "From the
Cockpit"; at on point the in-flight magazine didn't list it as an option on
757s and 767s.

>kr

Nick