Re: NYTimes.com Article: UAL to Seek New Chief Executive

Roger and Amanda,
I'll take that as a compliment.

No, I haven't read Gordon's book about the turnaround success story at your
good company; hope to read it one day.  What you saw in my post was the way
I've operated and the way I now conduct affairs here at the Defense
Logistics Agency.  If you can't articulate the vision you see for the
enterprise in such a manner that all interested parties can understand where
they and the organization need to go for the future, then the game is lost.
You can probably survive with one group not being a team player, but if the
parties aren't really interested in seeing the enterprise grow and flourish,
then the future will look bleak.

United is continuing its operations by virtue of its huge mass and market
inertia.  Not much time remains for their management team to communicate the
vision and the sense of urgency of what has to be done for them to be a
sustainable going concern as we know them today.

All the best to you at EWR,
JCK
For Ray, EWR =  Newark International Airport; Newark, New Jersey, USA
Get stronger every day, Ray!
-----