MIA (and Brits at fault)

Hi guys!

I have a question about MIA but first I absolutely must reply to Baha's comments
- sorry to Dave who's bored and Jan as this post isn't just about aircraft.

My first thought on reading Baha's post was the saying that 'the sins of the
father can't be visited on the children' A 20-yr old German isn't responsible in
any way for Nazism or someone in New York can't be held responsible for the
appaling treatment of native Americans last century. In fact every country has
ugly skeletons in the closet - and if they don't, well they frankly haven't done
much. We (Brits living in Britain today) aren't responsible for the mistakes
made during British imperialist expansion, nor indeed for its successes (eg
democracy in India, indeed I could flippantly say that it's a pity that we
didn't manage to get up the Khyber pass and introduce the foundations of
democracy into Afghanistan as well!). I dare say Baha isn't responsible either
for the odd massacre committed by the Ottomans in the Balkans either!

We all have very, very different political viewpoints on this list - diversity
of opinions is good. I have real problems with George Bush and America's foreign
policy. Does that mean I dislike Americans - absolutely not! I'm sure the same
is true for Baha and his attitude toward British people. Yes, Britain has made
mistakes in the past but the important thing is how we do things from now on. If
we are making mistakes now then we deserve to be critisized for it - but not for
what happened a fifty, a hundred or howevermany years ago.

Anyway on to my question about MIA and the situation regarding photography...

I have a few days holidays due in the middle of April and as there are many
great deals available to go over to the US I'd like to spend a few days shooting
in Miami. I am under the impression that the situation for photography at the
various locations is almost back to pre-Sept 11th standard (also for FLL) - is
that correct? I've never been to MIA before so any up to date local knowledge
that anyone could help me with would be much appreciated. Is mid-April too late
weatherwise? I'd hate to get there and not be able to shoot anything because the
security was so tight, or it was too uncomfortable to get out of the car.

I also thought about a trip to LAX or New York but they seem to be well and
truely out of bounds, so if MIA isn't feasible I'll go to Zurich again before
the old Swissair a/c are completely gone.

Thanks for any help, best wishes - especially to Baha!

Alastair T. Gardiner