Queen's Aircraft (was Re: Brits at fault CEASE FIRE PLEASE)

Well, allow me to attempt to make this subject line on-topic, with a series
of skill-testing question.

In 1952, Princess Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh toured East Africa.
During the journey, King George VI, father of Princess Elizabeth and husband
of the Queen Mum, suddenly passed away.  As a result, during the tour,
Princess Elizabeth became Queen Elizabeth.

There is a famous photograph of the new queen stepping out of the aircraft
that took her on her journey.  So here are the questions about the aircraft:

1) Which airline provided it?  (should be a piece of cake!)
2) What was the country of manufacture of the aircraft?
3) What was the aircraft type?

Bonus points:

4) What engine type powered the aircraft?
5) What airframe design was the aircraft based on?
6) What was its registration and name?

I'll give you a clue:  many books incorrectly identify the aircraft as a de
Havilland Comet.  It was not a Comet.

Mike Gammon