Re: Old aircraft (was: Air Canada to Donate Douglas DC-9 etc)

Quoting Evan McElravy <emcelr@po-box.mcgill.ca>:

> They were on fairly good terms with the Soviet Union, receiving
> subsidies up
> until the end. Kim Jong Il actually visited Moscow last year, you may
> remember. He went by train, though. There are some pictures from the
> Pyongyang airport on Airliners.net if you are interested. About what
> you'd
> expect.

I have heard some rumours last year during Kim's visit to Moscow about Air
Koryo obtaining a couple of Tu-204 or Tu-214 aircraft to replace some of their
Tu-154s and Il-62s. Whether this would actually happen or not is not clear, but
given the amount of money which North Korea already owes to Russia, I doubt
very much that the Russians would go for such a deal.

About photos, the ones on airliners.net don't show a true overview of what FNJ
looks like. When my buddy in Beijing visits DPRK again in April, he has already
told me he will get photos of the aircraft interiors and airports (Mount
Chilbo, in addition to FNJ) which I should be able to share.