Sextant, maybe OT

Hey everyone,
       I have a possibly off topic question to ask.  I have the possibility
of posessing my late Grandfather's sextant from when he was an ocean going
ship captain.  Only thing, if I have it I want to know how to operate it.
Obviously, with LORAN and GPS, sextant knowledge is not very important any
more.  Does anybody know where I could learn about using a sextant, doing sun
or star shots, etc???  I would love to learn this part of history, although I
know that I will never really use these skills as they once were used.  Any
help would be great.

TIA,
Jim

Proud to be an American,