Re: Qantas jumbos in near miss

In a message dated 2/16/02 7:03:35 PM Central Standard Time, exatc@neo.rr.com
writes:

> i certainly hope TCAS has improved since I retired (It almost put 4 together
> northwest of ORD) I'll see if I still have the plots.
>
> Al

We've got TCAS II onboard and it usually works pretty well.  It isn't perfect
though, it is kinda funny watching a target (excuse me, another aircraft)
moving across the screen fast enough to be considered a UFO!!!,  And of
course, when it barks "Traffic, Traffic" loud enough to be heard in row four
(quite a feat with the screaming Garrett sisters on board), you wonder what
the folks in back are thinking.  I know that the software has been
rewritten/revised just since I have been flying the airplane (1999).

Jim

Proud to be an American,
Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain