Re: Pan Am 727

Hi Group

From what I have learned the fleet of 727's from United will be used to set
up a new airline which will be based in the Dominican Republic under the name
of Pan American Dominicana (or something to that effect).  The reason why it
is being done is that the aircraft could not be used in the US for route
expansion for a period of several years.  The only thing is that the aircraft
can come into the US to only one UP post and my guess is that it will be
Orlando where Pan Am has a mini hub.

Some of the aircraft will be used for the parts to maintain the fleet.

J W Swiman
KMIA