background checks

Hey folks--

Doing a quick reading of people's thoughts on
strategies to overcome these security threats...

Joe, I completely respect your willingness  to
cooperate at the airport to ensure your and your
family's security. Most of us Americans are. It's just
that 1% of travellers who decide to be stupid and mess
things up for us.

As for the national identity card as a form of
identification (which would be the one docuement
required to board a plane), I think it could work.
Honestly, it works in Europe. You're going to start
saying "yeah, but then this happens and that happens
and cards get imitated/copied like fake IDs for minors
etc." Well you know what? It's a reality that people
are going to find loopholes in the system. It happens
all the time. Do I think we'll all end up with chips
under our skins being controled by the governement?
No. But when the morons who pull such a thing as
forging national identity cards and are caught, they
should pay the consequences, severely.

=====
-Christopher Liao
Pawtucket, Rhode Island