Fwd: Air Canada Announces 14 New Tango Routes; Provides Canadians with Low Fare, High Value Air Service from Coast to Coast - 2002 Summer Service Grows to 68 Daily Departures

>Air Canada Announces 14 New Tango Routes; Provides Canadians with Low=20
>Fare, High Value Air Service from Coast to Coast - 2002 Summer Service=20
>Grows to 68 Daily Departures
>

>     MONTREAL, Jan. 31 /CNW/ - In response to rapidly growing customer=
 demand
>for its low fare, high value Tango service, Air Canada is pleased to=
 announce
>today the addition of nine new destinations and 14 new routes to its Tango
>network for the summer 2002 schedule, as follows:
>
>     NEW DAILY SERVICE COMMENCING MAY 1  NEW SERVICE COMMENCING JUNE 1
>     ---------------------------------   -----------------------------
>     Kelowna-Toronto                     Toronto-Abbotsford (daily)
>     Winnipeg-Edmonton (twice daily)     Toronto-Calgary-Victoria (daily)
>     Qu=E9bec City-Montreal-Winnipeg       Toronto-Deer Lake (three times
>     Qu=E9bec City-Toronto                 weekly)
>     Fredericton-St.John-Toronto         Toronto-Gander (twice weekly)
>                                         Toronto-Charlottetown (twice=
 weekly)
>                                         Ottawa-Winnipeg (daily)
>
>     MORE SERVICE BETWEEN MONTREAL, TORONTO, OTTAWA AND HALIFAX; MORE=
 AIRCRAFT
>    =
>     In addition, Air Canada will add a fourth daily Tango flight between
>Montr=E9al-Toronto to meet current demand and a second daily flight to both=
 the
>Montr=E9al-Halifax and Ottawa-Halifax routes to meet peak summer demand.=
 Tango's
>rapid growth will include an expansion of the current fleet of six Airbus=
 A320
>aircraft in a 159-seat, all-economy configuration to include eight A320
>aircraft (with an eventual fleet of 13 A320's planned) and eight Boeing=
 B737-
>200 aircraft (with more anticipated) in a 120-seat, all-economy=
 configuration
>for a total of complement of 16 aircraft.
>     "With this latest expansion we are giving Canadians from coast to=
 coast
>what they are telling us they want: low fare, no frills, reliable air=
 service
>coupled with Air Canada's reputation for the highest operational=
 standards,"
>said Robert Milton, President and Chief Executive Officer, Air Canada.=
 "With
>Tango, we will continue to reassign existing capacity to meet growing=
 consumer
>demand for low fare travel, while ensuring our mainline customers receive=
 the
>value they expect from a full service airline," he said.
>     Tickets on the new routes will be available for sale starting February=
 7.
>All Tango fares are available with no minimum stay and no advance purchase
>requirement. Further information on the schedule and fares for the new=
 Tango
>services announced today will also be available on February 7.
>     With new Tango service to St. John's since January 7, with Thunder=
 Bay,
>Regina, and Saskatoon service commencing April 1, and with the summer=
 addition
>of nine new destinations and 14 new routes announced today, the Tango=
 network
>expands to include 21 Canadian cities from coast to coast. By summer 2002,
>Tango will offer up to 68 daily departures, compared to 36 daily departures
>currently available.
>     Recent survey results indicate strong support among Canadians for Air
>Canada's provision of a low fare carrier. A nationwide telephone survey of=
 500
>Canadians conducted by Ipsos-Reid between November 30 and December 6, 2001
>found that 82 per cent of Canadians would fly a low fare, no frills airline
>operated by Air Canada and evidence to date strongly bears this out.
>
>     AIR CANADA FOCUSES ON COSTS
>     ---------------------------
>     Tango's passenger servicing costs are significantly lower than for
>comparable mainline Air Canada flights as a result of its efficient=
 aircraft
>seating configuration, web booking tools, call center distribution system=
 and
>use of electronic tickets. Over 80 per cent of Tango flights are booked on=
 its
>dedicated website at <http://www.flytango.com>www.flytango.com.
>     Air Canada continues its planning exercise for the launch of its stand
>alone low cost carrier, pending further consultation with governments and
>communities. No launch date has been announced.
>
>     ABOUT TANGO
>     -----------
>     Tango by Air Canada, a separately branded Air Canada service,=
 commenced
>operations November 1, 2001. For the summer 2002 schedule Tango will offer
>service to Victoria, Vancouver, Abbotsford, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary,
>Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Thunder Bay, Qu=E9bec City,
>Montr=E9al, Halifax, Fredericton, St. John, Charlottetown, St. John's, Deer=
 Lake
>and Gander.
>     Tango offers consumers a no frills air travel alternative=
 complementing
>Air Canada's full service operations. Tango operates a fleet of distinctly
>branded aircraft, offering a unique "all extras are optional" in-flight
>service, including a menu selection of snacks and refreshments at=
 reasonable
>prices and short feature audiovisual entertainment. The aircraft cabin=
 offers
>an all-economy seating configuration matching Air Canada's industry-leading
>levels of in-flight comfort.
>
>     ATTENTION PHOTO EDITORS: High resolution, downloadable Tango aircraft
>photos are available at <http://www.flytango.com>www.flytango.com by=20
>selecting "What's Tango?" then
>"Photo Gallery".

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

Caribbean Brass & Soca Connection Club Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
Steel Expressions Orch
http://www.escape.ca/~ejames/se/
email #1: mailto:steelexpressions@yahoo.com
email #2: mailto:steelexpressions@home.com
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(Revellers Mas Band) http://www.revellers.com/
(Trini Revellers Mas Band)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://195.224.187.36/