Re: AA and or Airbus Trouble Ahead

<< dated Fri, 25 Jan2002 12:21:17 EST,
...- Pilots say that what happened in NY with the A300 tail snapping off,
could happen again What has happened with the 737-300 un-commanded rudder
movements could happenagain. I don't see US pilots calling for those to be
grounded. Am I beingcynical in thinking this has something to do with the
aircraft being an Airbus. >>

To paraphrase what someone once responded to me....No, no , no..To think that
American Airlines pilots safety concerns is driven purely to give Boeing a
step up over Airbus is European egocentricity and paranoia gone overboard (or
that some pilot  gave a moments thought to Boeing vs. Airbus...blah blah
blah.. and to suggest otherwise merely enforces how uniformed you are!  ;-)

Seriously..these are some AA pilots we are talking about. How many A300s are
in American's fleet and how old are they?  11, 12 years? 5% (or less) of
fleet?
737-300/200/100 0% of fleet. Why should AA pilots speak to that?

The 737 safety record speaks for itself, and modifications have been made.

There may be a bias against the A300 aircraft as opposed to the 737, but I
doubt it is a Boeing vs. Airbus thing per se.

Tom
Fan of American maybe going out and buying the A380.