Re: NYTimes.com Article: Two Airlines to Ease Frequent Flier Rules

> Continental Airlines (news/quote) made a similar change a
> few weeks ago, igniting protests from some of its frequent
> fliers, according to Mr. Petersen. The airline made the
> move despite a note to passengers from Gordon M. Bethune,
> Continental's chairman, in the January issue of its
> in-flight magazine promising no changes in the frequent
> flier program this year.
>
> David Messing, a Continental spokesman, said that Mr.
> Bethune's letter was written in November, before plans for
> eliminating the off- peak award were finished. "The overall
> thrust of the letter is correct," he said. "We are keeping
> the things in place that matter most to our customers."
Bollocks!  What a load of horse manure.  Either Gordon lied, or some
OnePass marketing puke can overrule him, or they're all incompetent over
there.  Which is it really, CO?

From reading the CO board over at Flyertalk, this fiasco has generated
quite a bit of ill-will from their best customers.  Several of the most
prominent CO-boosters have defected to other airlines over this and new
restrictions on BF upgrades.